I went over the notes I made on Fr. Dennis Paez’s recollection talk that I previously mentioned. I’d like to include here the myths he dismantled about solo parenting. When our situation gets us down or when we are being stereotyped, it’s important to remember what is real.
1. The single parent is not a failure.
a. Single parenthood is not a closed state. There is still a chance to change it.
b. Children from single-parent families are not necessarily dysfunctional. They can still succeed in life.
2. Single parenting is not a mistake.
a. It may have been a necessity so the children will suffer less emotional damage. If the children continue living in a home where the parents’ relationship is already broken, the kids are caught in the middle. The tragedy will not end there but will seep into their psyche.
b. Single parenting gives the children a chance for a direct and independent relationship with each parent outside of a troubled home.
Fr. Dennis also said men have a harder time to recover because women have more resources and outlets — we cry, we have friends and we know how to pamper ourselves. So solo dads, take your cue from solo moms to shorten your recovery time: Cry in your room if you’re worried about your macho image, talk and spend time with good friends (by good, I mean good influence) and go pamper yourself, too.
This excerpt is taken from The Happy Solo Kit by Lella Santiago.
Photo from Pixabay.com
YOUR ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE TO SOLO PARENTING IS HERE!
Hey, solo parent. Are you on the verge of losing your marbles?
Are you a newbie to this journey and still trying to find your way?
Or maybe you’re tired, battle-scarred veteran but still can’t move on?
Whatever situation you find yourself in, this ultimate survival guide for single parents will help you through the rough patches of solo parenting and bring you from a Pain Point to a Relief Peak with your humor and sanity intact.
The Happy Solo Kit will help you:
- Overcome your grief and anger and help you find your peace.
- Journey from a low self-esteem to a healthy love of self.
- Conquer your fears and increase your faith in God who provides, protects and guides you along the way.
ARE YOU READY TO CONQUER ALL YOUR OBSTACLES IN YOUR JOURNEY TO SOLO PARENTING?
GET YOUR COPY OF LELLA SANTIAGO’S BOOK,
THE HAPPY SOLO KIT: TOOLS AND SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO SURVIVE SOLO PARENTING WITHOUT LOSING YOUR MARBLES
You don’t even have to leave the comforts of your home.
You can buy your own copies online!
FOR PAPERBACK and DIGITAL versions:
- Visit www.KerygmaBooks.com/shop and click on the titles that you want to order.
- Choose PAPERBACK or DIGITAL and check out your order.
- Choose your payment method.
- Pay via bank deposit or PayPal.
- For bank deposit: pay your balance and email your deposit slip to email@example.com
- Pay directly via PayPal.
- For PAPERBACK: Wait for the books to be delivered right to your home! (For orders P500.00 and up, FREE shipping within Metro Manila only. Standard shipping rates apply for orders below P500.00 or outside Metro Manila.)
For DIGITAL: Wait for the confirmation of receipt of payment. The download links to your books is included in the email.
Sometimes, you just need a little ray of sunshine to break through the dark clouds that hover in your life.
KERYGMA ONLINE MIGHT JUST BE THE BLESSING YOU NEED.
Some of these articles are actually excerpts from our bestselling and award-winning books, while some are contributed and written by our pool of blessed and anointed writers.
YOU CAN WRITE FOR US, TOO! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a story that you want to share to our millions of readers across the globe.
Visit us at www.KerygmaOnline.ph and read our online magazine. Enjoy fresh articles that will surely nourish, inspire and empower you in all aspects of your life.
Photo credit: www.pixabay.com