For he will be great before the Lord.
— Luke 1:15
THE SECRET TO BECOMING GREAT
By Jpaul Hernandez
Solomon’s father, King David, was already weak and old. He knew that he was about to expire. But before he could rest in peace, he had one important thing he needed to do.
He had to prepare the new King for his ascension to the throne.
David talked to Solomon, and according to the Bible, he gave his son one simple advice before he became king.
“Take courage and be a man.” (1 Kings 2:2, NLT)
If I would be crowned king, I’d want my dad to tell me how to manage the kingdom’s finances, how to lead our army and who our allies were. Those are just some of the things that would put me in a better position of being a king.
But King David said none of those to Solomon. Instead, he told him to take courage and be a man. David wanted his son to be a man of God, and in doing so, he’d be a great king.
King Solomon became one of the wisest men to live on earth; his reign was filled with goodness and abundance.
The way to be a good king was to be a good man. It wasn’t about how great he was at wars or how savvy he was in politics.
The call was to be a man.
I believe that every man has the capacity to be as great as a king even if you are not a monarch, politician or billionaire.
To be great, you don’t need to eat snakes, go up a mountain or knock down someone with a single punch. It’s not about how many bottles of beer you can down or how many sticks of cigarettes you can smoke. It’s not even about how much money you have in your bank account or how many girls you go out with.
Greatness comes from being the best man you can be.
Photo from pixabay.com
Dear women, I urge you: Love the men in your life. Bless them with JPaul’s gritty, down-to-earth and inspiring book. Give this to brothers, fathers, boyfriend, husband, sons. — Bo Sanchez, National bestselling author and Catholic lay preacher
This book is for the everyday guy who needs to remember his real worth as a man.
Somewhere along life’s difficulties, you lost your path, and couldn’t find your way back. Perhaps painful experiences got you confused and made you forget who you really are — a man made in the image and likeness of a great God.
Learn about what great men do and what mistakes to avoid to help you become a better man. Discover the habits of real men, how men need other men, and the importance of mentors. It’s a book every young man should have in his backpack.
DO YOU WANT TO HAVE A COPY OF THIS ANOINTED BOOK FOR GREAT MEN?
(And women, do you want to give this to the men in your lives?)
You don’t even have to leave the comforts of your home. You can buy your online! Here’s how:
FOR PAPERBACK and DIGITAL versions:
- Visit KerygmaBooks.com/shop and click on the titles that you would want to order.
- Choose PAPERBACK or DIGITAL and check out your order.
- Choose your payment method.
- Pay via bank deposit or PayPal.
- For bank deposit: pay your balance and email your deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay directly via PayPal.
- For PAPERBACK: Wait for the books to be delivered right to your home! (For orders P300.00 and up, within Metro Manila only. Standard shipping rates apply for orders below P300.00 or are outside Metro Manila.)
- For DIGITAL: Wait for the confirmation of receipt of payment. The download links to your books is included in the email.
NURTURE YOUR SOUL EVERY DAY!
- Visit us at KerygmaBooks.com/kerygmaonline and read our online magazine. Enjoy fresh articles that will surely nourish, inspire, and empower you in all aspects of your life. Kerygma Online is updated weekly.
- Email us at email@example.com for comments, suggestions and contributions.
Photo credit: http://piccsy.com/2011/05/reading-8ozcw6p11/ through vi.sualize.us