“Take courage and be a man.”
— 1 Kings 2:2
ARE YOU A REAL MAN?
By Jpaul Hernandez
It was a lazy day at work and I was ultra-bored. My friend gave me a copy of a gangster movie. They said every man should watch this particular action flick at least once in his lifetime.
I was hooked as soon as the movie began. In the first few scenes, the lead character was in a dark room with his henchman when one of his nephews entered the room to seek his advice.
Randomly, the lead character told his nephew, “A man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a great man.”
This is one of the most iconic lines in Hollywood history. It was uttered by the great Marlon Brando who played the role of Don Vito Corleone in one of the best movies ever created, The Godfather.
What makes a great man? Let me define it through an acronym.
M – Mission-oriented
A – Adventurous
N – Now-focused
A great man has a mission. He believes that there’s a lion in him that does not bully or step on other people, but was created to be great and legendary.
All men are created to pursue adventure. Some exploits may be as exciting as going up the Himalayas, diving the Marianas Trench or even serving in the military. Other men may have more modest adventures like leading a business, fighting for an advocacy, or helping the marginalized. It doesn’t matter what you do in life. What matters is: Are you a man who is living for something?
Men who remain as failures are those who are stuck in their horrible past. Others don’t succeed because they are so focused on the future that they miss out on what’s happening at the present moment. A great man lives in the now, even as he learns from the past and is excited for the future. He cherishes every single day that he is alive.
Now, my question is… are you a man?
Photo from pixabay.com
A YOUNG MAN’S MANUAL
Dear women, I urge you: Love the men in your life. Bless them with JPaul’s gritty, down-to-earth and inspiring book. Give this to brothers, fathers, boyfriend, husband, sons. — Bo Sanchez, National bestselling author and Catholic lay preacher
This book is for the everyday guy who needs to remember his real worth as a man.
Somewhere along life’s difficulties, you lost your path, and couldn’t find your way back. Perhaps painful experiences got you confused and made you forget who you really are — a man made in the image and likeness of a great God.
Learn about what great men do and what mistakes to avoid to help you become a better man. Discover the habits of real men, how men need other men, and the importance of mentors. It’s a book every young man should have in his backpack.
DO YOU WANT TO HAVE A COPY OF THIS ANOINTED BOOK FOR GREAT MEN?
(And women, do you want to give this to the men in your lives?)
You don’t even have to leave the comforts of your home. You can buy your online!
FOR PAPERBACK and DIGITAL versions:
- Visit KerygmaBooks.com and click on the titles that you would want to order.
- Choose PAPERBACK or DIGITAL and check out your order.
- Choose your payment method.
- Pay via bank deposit or PayPal.
- For bank deposit: pay your balance and email your deposit slip to email@example.com
- Pay directly via PayPal.
- For PAPERBACK: Wait for the books to be delivered right to your home! (For orders P300.00 and up, within Metro Manila only. Standard shipping rates apply for orders below P300.00 or are outside Metro Manila.)
- For DIGITAL: Wait for the confirmation of receipt of payment. The download links to your books is included in the email.
ONLINE SHOPPERS, WE HAVE A GREAT TREAT FOR YOU!
NURTURE YOUR SOUL EVERY DAY!
1. Visit us at KerygmaBooks.com/kerygmaonline and read our online magazine. Enjoy fresh articles that will surely nourish, inspire, and empower you in all aspects of your life. Kerygma Online is updated weekly.
2. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for comments, suggestions and contributions.
Photo credit: http://piccsy.com/2011/05/reading-8ozcw6p11/ through vi.sualize.us