Vegan Is the Opposite of Boring By Rhoshniyan Sudario
At the age of fifteen, I started Delish Carousel because I wanted people to have a healthier lifestyle and to also help our environment. I didn’t want to start a business that only focuses on profit, but one where people experience joy and happiness as they taste the food I made. At first, it was hard since I must make everything from scratch, but I worked hard to get Delish Carousel to where it is today. I have always watched videos
about health and environmental problems, but I realized that what I am doing at that moment was not enough, so I wanted to do more and be better. I am thankful to my family for helping me start my business as well as the people who continue to support Delish Carousel. My parents have always taught me that starting early is important, and that being my own boss won’t limit my skills and capabilities, so I just went for it. Here’s a dish you may want to try:
Vegan Tomato Vegetable Pasta
• 500g orzo pasta (or any kind of pasta that you like)
• 1 carrot
• 5 pieces of bok choy
• 3 tomatoes
• 100g sundried tomatoes
• 7 cloves of minced garlic
• 1 diced red onion
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• Dried basil
- Chop all the vegetables (no need to peel the carrots). Dice the red onion and mince the garlic. Set aside.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a pot and set the stove on medium heat.
- Add the vegetables to the pan, except the onion and garlic. Add salt, pepper, and one teaspoon of dried basil. Cook the vegetables until tender yet crisp.
- Take out all the vegetables from the pan. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil again in the pot. Sauté the onion and garlic until light brown.
- Add all the tomatoes and sundried tomatoes. Stir and add one teaspoon of dried basil. Then, cover and cook for ten minutes on medium-low heat.
- Put the vegetables back in the pot. Add two tablespoons
- of olive oil and two teaspoons of dried basil then stir
- until everything is combined. Set aside.
- Boil water with salt in a large pot. Add the pasta in the
- pot of water and cook according to the instructions on
- the packaging.
- Strain the pasta then mix into the vegetable mixture. Stir
- until combined.
- Serve and enjoy.
To achieve your goals and dreams in life, you must work hard because you cannot get anything in this life easily. Our attitude from the start is important, and we can overcome any challenge that we face with a good attitude. I have been blessed in my entire life, and I am thankful for every happy or sad experience. Being thankful for everything is the biggest lesson I have learned in my life. Gratefulness changes your perspective in life in a positive way.
Check out my Facebook page, Delish Carousel, and Instagram @delishcarousel for my other vegan baked recipes.
*This excerpt is taken from Fish Magazine V.18.07*
Grab your e-copy here.
Featured image is from Unsplash.com.